Every year about this time the pressure of Valentine’s Day becomes a drive within that pushes many to despair and depression. Let’s face it! The advertisers go into overkill with commercials, advertisements of the perfect Valentine’s Day experience, the perfect gift and tips on how to tell that special someone you love them. After all, this is one of their biggest profitable days.
But here is a reality check for you. You don’t have to get caught up in the hype. I am here to tell everyone to free themselves. Take the pressure off. Look at what you have and find joy with it. How do you find that joy, you ask?
From a single woman’s perspective here are some tips for you on enjoying your Valentine’s Day:
- Why not spend some time pampering yourself. You deserve it. Be the best you can be. Do some things that will make you happy. Get a makeover or visit a spa for ultimate pampering. Enjoy your day!
- Being single does not mean being alone. Thank God for our sisterhood of friends. Don’t spend the day lamenting. That is not attractive to you or anyone else. Call a friend and plan an outing. Step out of your box and do something fun and adventurous. After all, the sky is the limit. And the only one keeping you from enjoying the day to its fullest, is you.
- Or better yet, hang with the family. If you have kids, do something fun! Take your parents out for a special fun day. Show them some love. Plan a fun family gathering to celebrate family love. Because isn’t that what Valentine’s Day is all about? Love?
- Stop envying your friends with relationships. Everything looks wonderful from the outside. Don’t spend precious time wishing you had what someone else has. You have no idea what they may be going through and they could be envying your freedom. In other words, be happy where you are, find peace and comfort. There are seasons in everyone’s lives. Enjoy the season you are in and be ready for when it changes.
- Give some love to someone totally undeserving. Donate some time to helping others, share some time with someone in need. There is an entire world out there hurting and lonely and wanting. Do something to make a difference in the life of someone else and be kind to one another.
So do you see my point? To love the one you’re with…. starts with you! Be happy and take the pressure off…after all, it is just a day! Make it a wonderful, great day full of fun and joy! Happy Valentine’s Day friends and family! Much love to all of you!